International Conference “Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) - Phytosanitary Regulatory Framework“
The Conference has been proposed with the aim of discussing and sharing experience and best practices on pre-, at- and post-border aspects of the pest control and regulatory options across the entire spectrum of varying pest status in countries around the world. Suggested topics to be covered during the conference include:
- Biology and epidemiology - life cycle, host range, impact;
- Diagnostics - methods, protocols, tools, apps;
- Surveillance - detection, delimitation, monitoring, strategies and tools, data collection and management, reporting;
- Field control - strategies and tools, integrated measures in systematic approach;
- Biological control - options, production and implementation;
- Eradication - technical feasibility, response strategies;
- Phytosanitary treatments - options, application, regulatory oversight, certification;
- Management in trade - regulated articles, BMSB as a contaminant pest.
The Workshops will take place at: The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi; 29 Shota Rustaveli Ave, Tbilisi 0108. Georgia.
Accommodation and other arrangements
The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi offers a special rate for the conference participants. Please see the reservation form
Participation in the conference is free.
Deadline for the registration: 10 February 2019.
Registered participants will receive local information and agenda via emails. The agenda will be also made available the present conference web page.
Lunches and refreshments during the conference will be provided by the organizing party.
The cultural visit will be provided by the organizing party.
All other costs related to flights, transportation and accommodation shall be covered by the participants.
Please note that all visa related matters, including transit visas, are participants’ responsibility. All visa procedures should be completed in a timely manner.
Visa Information for foreign citizens can be found at the following link:www.mfa.gov.ge
Language of the conference is English with simultaneous translation into Russian.
National Food Agency.
Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia.
6, Marshal Gelovani Ave, Tbilisi 0159; Georgia
Please click on the link to begin the registration processRegister for International Conference on BMSB
In case of additional questions please kindly address our contact point Mr. Giga Maisuradze email@example.com